Boater Shane Lineberger of Lincolnton, N.C., caught nine bass weighing 25 pounds, 15 ounces in the Sept. 10-11 Walmart BFL South Carolina Division tournament on Lake Hartwell to win $4,931 plus a $2000 Ranger Cup bonus. Lineberger was fishing shallow in the creeks using buzzbaits and jigs.
The remaining top 10 anglers:
- 2nd: Greg Rikard, Leesville, S.C., 10 bass, 25-11, $2,466
- 3rd: Joey Sabbagha, Little Mountain, S.C., 10 bass, 23-4, $1,644
- 4th: Brad Fowler, Pendleton, S.C., 10 bass, 23-0, $1,151
- 5th: Maurice Freeze, Concord, N.C., 10 bass, 22-9, $986 + $1,000 Evinrude bonus
- 6th: Jordan Carter, Hartwell, Ga., 10 bass, 22-2, $904
- 7th: Kyle Whisnant, Charlotte, N.C., 10 bass, 21-1, $822
- 8th: Joshua Fowler, Hartwell, Ga., 10 bass, 20-9, $740
- 9th: Marty Robinson, Lyman, S.C., 10 bass, 20-0, $657
- 10th: Rob Digh, Denver, N.C., 10 bass, 18-5, $575
Jimmy Bihlear of Goose Creek, S.C., caught eight bass weighing 15 pounds, 15 ounces in the Sept. 10-11 event to win $2,403 in the Co-angler Division. Bihlear caught his bass using a Zara Spook and Sammy Topwater over shoals in the lower lake.
The remaining top 10 co-anglers:
- 2nd: Johnny Hancox, West Union, S.C., eight bass, 15-9, $1,202
- 3rd: Chris Tinsley, Pisgah Forest, N.C., eight bass, 13-3, $801
- 4th: Jamie Amerson, Pooler, Ga., seven bass, 12-15, $561
- 5th: Furman Thompson, Clayton, Ga., seven bass, 12-7, $481
- 6th: Greg Glouse, Liberty, S.C., seven bass, 9-15, $441
- 7th: John M. Cook, Matthews, N.C., six bass, 8-12, $401
- 8th: D.J. McEachern, Columbia, S.C., six bass, 8-9, $360
- 9th: Brian Sutton, Peachtree City, Ga., four bass, 8-8, $320
- 10th: Daniel Jordan, Hartsville, S.C., seven bass, 8-3, $280
The top 40 boaters and 40 co-anglers based on point standings will qualify for the Oct. 13-15 Regional Championship on Smith Mountain Lake in Huddleston, Va. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger 198VX with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and a Chevy pick-up, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger 198VX.
For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the BFL on Facebook at Facebook.com/BassFishingLeague. For news surrounding FLW Outdoors on Facebook, follow Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.