The new A5…the hump is back.
You may notice a family resemblance, but let’s get one thing straight, this ain’t your Grandpa’s Auto-5. In fact, the iconic humpback-shaped receiver is the only thing this new Browning autoloader shares with its legendary namesake. The all new Browning A5 is built to be the most reliable, fastest cycling, best performing and softest shooting recoil-operated (yes, recoil-operated) autoloader on the planet. And we are so confident in the A5, we are standing behind it with a 100,000 round or five year guarantee that this shotgun will work, come hell or high water. Standing firmly behind this claim is the ultra-reliable, honed to perfection Kinematic Drive System.
Other innovations, like the new Invector-DS choke tube system and Inflex II recoil pad are sure to place the A5 right at the top of the industry. With the recoil-operated A5 and our gas-operated Maxus autoloaders, we are poised to dominate every aspect of the autoloading shotgun market. These two guns compliment one another in the same way lightning goes with thunder, and the way Browning goes with number one.
Delivery is expected in Spring 2012. Updates will be posted periodically on Outdoor Hub and Browning.com.
Watch the new A5 preview below.
- GAUGE: 1 2 — 2 3/4″ to 3″ chamber
- RECEIVER: Strong, lightweight aluminum alloy
- BARREL: Lightweight profile • Flat, ventilated rib
- ACTION: 3″ chamber • Recoil operated Kinematic Drive is ultra-reliable and cycles a wide range of loads
- STOCK: Shim adjustable for length of pull, cast and drop
- FEATURES: Vector Pro™ lengthened forcing cone • Three Invector-DS™ choke tubes • Inflex II Technology recoil pad • Brass front bead sight • Ivory mid-bead sight • One ¼” stock spacer and one 1⁄2″ stock spacer, plus lengthened screws for total adjustment of 3⁄4″ • Included ABS case (not shown)
For a detailed feature list, click here.