KIMBERLING CITY, Mo. Oct. 8, 2011 – Robbie Dodson of Harrison, Ark., weighed a five-bass limit totaling 10 pounds, 4 ounces Saturday to win the EverStart Series Central Division event on Table Rock Lake with a three-day total of 15 bass weighing 37 pounds, 6 ounces. For his victory, Dodson earned $24,133 and a 198VX Ranger boat with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard motor.
“It was a brutal slow week,” said Dodson who has two previous top 10 finishes on Table Rock Lake. “Every day was different and you had to figure something new out each day. There was no one emerging pattern all week. What worked one day didn’t work the next and it took a couple hours each morning to figure it out.
“I had seven bites on Thurs., six yesterday and six today, continued Dodson. “I caught fish in 1 foot of water and I caught fish 40 feet deep. I was using Luck “E” Trickster Spinnerbaits, Lucky Strike series 3 brown and black jigs and Lucky Strike spoons.
“Fishing on clear water is always tough but you just have to keep your head down and work hard.”
Rounding out the top 10 pros were:
- 2nd: Tom Murphy, Richland, Mo., 14 bass, 34-2, $8,274
- 3rd: Pop-tarts pro Greg Bohannan, Rogers, Ark., 12 bass, 31-0, $6,895
- 4th: Lance Williams, Billings, Mo., 13 bass, 30-1, $6,206
- 5th: Matthew Jones, Spokane, Mo., 11 bass, 24-8, $5,516
- 6th: Earl Garrison IV, Bull Shoals, Ark., 10 bass, 24-1, $4,827
- 7th: Scott Nelson, Lake Ozark, Mo., 10 bass, 23-12, $4,137
- 8th: Zach King, Clarksvile, Ark., seven bass, 22-7, $3,448
- 9th: Chris Hughes, Springfield, Mo., 10 bass, 22-7, $2,758
- 10th: Randall Hutson, Washburn, Mo., 10 bass, 21-3, $2,069
Robert Nosbisch of Collinsville, Ill., won the Co-angler Division and a Ranger boat with an Evinrude or Mercury outboard motor with a three-day total of 10 bass weighing 21 pound, 13 ounces.
Rounding out the top 10 co-anglers were:
- 2nd: Brett Haake, Joliet, Ill., six bass, 15-10, $3,365
- 3rd: Larry Creech, Columbia City, Ind., five bass, 11-14, $2,991
- 4th: Melvin McNeal, Circleville, Ohio, five bass, 11-7, $2,617
- 5th: Jimmy Lee, Carthage, Mo., five bass, 11-6, $2,243
- 6th: Jacques Fleischmann, Lampe, Mo., four bass, 8-15, $1,869
- 7th: Max Wilson, Everton, Mo., four bass, 8-11, $1,495
- 8th: Joey Henderson, Mayfield, Ky., four bass, 7-14, $1,122
- 9th: Kevin McCullough, Greencastle, Ind., two bass, 7-7, $748
- 10th: Tom Lindsay, Glenview, Ill., three bass, 7-6, $598
The EverStart Series consists of five divisions – Central, Northern, Southeast, Texas and Western. Each division consists of four tournaments and competitors will be vying for valuable points in each division that could earn them the Strike King Angler of the Year title along with $5,000 for the pro and $2,000 for the co-angler. The top 40 pros and co-anglers from each respective division will qualify for the EverStart Series Championship that will be held on Kentucky Lake in Buchanan, Tenn., Oct. 27-30.
For complete details and updated information visit FLWOutdoors.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the EverStart Series on Facebook at Facebook.com/FLWEverStartSeries and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.