Valcourt, QC, October 19, 2011 – BRP’s Ski-Doo Freeride Ambassadors program enters its second year and brings a new perspective with the addition of two women riders, Ashley Chaffin and Stephanie Schwartz. This group of talented riders will once again be sharing their ride experiences, thoughts and opinions on everything for the deep powder market of western North America.
For those unfamiliar, the Summit Freeriders are this year comprised of seven mountain snowmobilers with a wide range of riding styles, riding interests and unique talents. A couple of them are seen in some of the extreme back country videos, one has an impressive collection of X-Games medals, one is a former racer and another is an adventure athlete who has competed in almost every kind of human powered race there is. It’s a wide range of people who can offer something for all riders. But they all share a passion for mountain riding.
Last year the Summit Freeriders gave you some great insight on what they’re up all winter long – how they prepare before the season starts, the gear they use, sled set-up and some great riding tips – that will continue this year and you’ll get the added benefit of a women’s perspective. Be warned, the ladies can ride ….
Summit Freeride Team
- Dan Treadway: Pemberton, BC, professional extreme skier and snowmobiler, appearing in countless films and photos on both snowmobiles and skis for the past ten years
- Dave Norona: Vancouver, BC, professional adventure athlete, motivational speaker and team building expert. Snowmobiles, dirtbikes, mountain bikes, skis …. he does it all
- Calvin Felker: Fort Collins, Colorado, extreme mountain rider, former snocross racer, mechanic extraordinaire. Currently works at the family dealership and has hand on the pulse of the market.
- Rob Hoff: Alpine, Wyoming, extreme back country rider. Appearing in eight films over the past 3 years, has a passion he wants to share with others by riding with them.
- Heath Frisby: Middleton, Idaho, professional freestyle competitor, 7 times X Games medalist, freestyle motocrosser. One of the best known and hardest working riders in the sport – you’ll never find him at home because he’s always throwing awesome tricks at a show somewhere
- Introducing new members:
- Stephanie Schwartz: Revelstoke, BC, lifelong mountain snowmobiler, activist for women riders, preventing land closures and charity causes
- Ashley Chaffin: Valdez, Alaska, professional extreme back country rider. Appearing in nine films over the past 6 years, has raced snocross and competed in freestyle shows
What happened to Carl Kuster? Watch for an announcement on what Carl is up to very soon. He’s not leaving the Ski-Doo fold, and has a really exciting new venture that will bring some real value to Ski-Doo mountain riders.
The Freeriders will appear at the western snowmobile shows this fall and watch the Ski-Doo Mountain blog Elevation or Ski-Doo Mountain Face Book Page for updates on where they might appear at select dealer events and demo rides.
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude and Johnson outboard engines, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax engines. BRP products are distributed in more than 100 countries.