Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.’s OHV Access Initiative – the industry leader in Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nation’s Trails (GRANTs) – approved 10 new projects supporting responsible, safe OHV riding and open, sustainable OHV access to trails and riding areas across the country.
The GRANTs were awarded in the first quarter of this year, and support a variety of local, regional and national organizations.
“Yamaha received a number of quality applications this past quarter from U.S. National Forest properties seeking support for the restoration or improvement of their OHV trail systems,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha ATV and SxS marketing manager. “Public lands are a vital source of OHV trails across the country, and with dwindling budget allocations from the federal government, the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative has become an important resource to land managers across the country.”
These ten organizations were awarded GRANTs totaling more than $100,000 in the first quarter 2012 funding cycle of the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative:
- Bell County Fiscal Court – KY
- Coastal Off Road Riders Association – N. Charleston, SC
- Highmarket Wheelers – Lewis County, NY
- Indian Valley Creek ATV Club – Champion, PA
- Lassen Land and Trails Trust – Lassen County, CA
- National FFA
- North Florida South Alabama Motorcycle Club – Pensacola, FL
- Responsible Recreation Foundation – Arvada, CO
- Superior Ranger District, Lolo National Forest – Superior, MT
- Topsham Trailriders ATV/Snowmobile Club – Durham, ME
Yamaha is actively seeking qualified projects at local, state and federal levels. The current OHV Access Initiative GRANT application form and guidelines are available online at www.Yamaha-Motor.com/OHVAccess. The deadline to submit an application for consideration in the second quarter GRANT funding cycle for 2012 is June 30, 2012.
The quarterly review calendar for 2012 is as follows:
Submission Schedule (Approval Deadline)
- April 1 – June 30, 2012 (July 31, 2012)
- July 1 – September 30, 2012 (October 31, 2012)
- October 1 – November 30, 2012 (January 11, 2013)