Officials from the United States Mint and the National Park Service will launch the new quarter-dollar coin honoring Acadia National Park in Maine — the first national park east of the Mississippi — on June 26, at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). The ceremony will take place at the Hulls Cove Visitor Center located on the grounds of the park. Highlights of the event include a coin exchange where the public can swap their cash for $10 rolls of newly minted Acadia National Park quarters at face value.
WHAT: Acadia National Park Quarter Launch Ceremony and Coin Exchange
WHO: B.B. Craig, Associate Director, Sales and Marketing, United States Mint
Sheridan Steele, Superintendent, Acadia National Park
Timothy Harrison, Founder, American Lighthouse Foundation
Bill Green, Host, WCSH-TV’s “Bill Green’s Maine”
WHEN: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at 9:30 a.m. (ET)
WHERE: Hulls Cove Visitor Center
Acadia National Park
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The evening before the launch ceremony — Monday, June 25 — the United States Mint will hold a Coin Forum, where the public can express their views about future U.S. coinage and learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives. The Coin Forum will be held from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., at the Hulls Cove Visitor Center Auditorium.
The Acadia National Park Quarter is the thirteenth release in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program, a multi-year initiative, authorized by Public Law 110-456, to honor 56 national parks and other national sites. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverse (tails side) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint will issue these quarters in the order in which the honored site was first established as a national site.
- A digital image of the Acadia National Park Quarter is available at http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=photo#AmericaTheBeautiful.
- Additional information about the America the Beautiful Quarters Program is available at http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/.
- For information about the United States Mint, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/.
- To subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, visit http://www.usmint.gov/email/?action=newsletters.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.