MidwayUSA Donates $50,000 for NRA Bianchi Cup Scholarship Program
Partnering with other major players in the shooting sports industry, MidwayUSA, the Title Sponsor of the Bianchi Cup, is donating $50,000 to help launch the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup Scholarship (MBCS) program. This scholarship will be put in place for the 2013 championship taking place in Columbia, Missouri on May 22-25.
“The MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup is one of the greatest shooting championships in the world,” said MidwayUSA President Matt Fleming. “This new scholarship program will provide opportunities for dozens of first-time young shooters to participate in this outstanding event making it bigger and better every year.”
As of today’s date, each scholarship recipient will receive the following:
- Travel, lodging, entry fees and expense money not to exceed $2,500.00 – provided by MidwayUSA
- One (1) Colt National Match Grade Gold Cup in 9mm to use – provided by Colt Firearms
- One (1) belt, One (1) holster, and magazine pouches – provided by Safariland
- Ammunition for practice and use at the match – provided by Sierra Bullets
- Two (2) customized and personalized shooting shirts – provided by the NRA
- Mentoring from a Professional shooter during the Championship (this includes practice time at the practice range and shooting in the same squad)
Tom Hughes, National Manager for the NRA Pistol Department, said, “The 2013 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup is going to be the best event yet. This scholarship program allows all these companies to combine forces and touch the lives of these young kids in order to help grow the future of the shooting sports.”
To be eligible for the MBCS, applicants must be a college age shooter (ages 18-22) and must be first time shooters of the Bianchi Cup. If you’re interested in applying for this scholarship, please email [email protected] for more information.