The Department of Game and Fish will conduct public meetings statewide to address possible changes in the pronghorn rule and A-PLUS, the system used to distribute pronghorn licenses to private landowners.
The Department will seek input about the proposed rule to allow landowners to purchase over-the-counter private-land antelope licenses.
The meetings will be from 6 to 9 p.m. in:
- Las Cruces: Monday, Oct. 1, Department of Game and Fish Office, 2715 Northrise Dr.
- Datil: Tuesday, Oct. 2, Datil Elementary School gym.
- Albuquerque: Thursday, Oct. 4, Department of Game and Fish Office, 3841 Midway Place, NE.
- Raton: Wednesday, Oct. 10, Department of Game and Fish Office, 215 York Canyon Road.
- Taos: Thursday, Oct. 11, Juan Gonzales Memorial Agricultural Center, 202 Chamisa Road.
- Roswell: Wednesday, Oct. 17, Department of Game and Fish Office, 1912 W. Second St.
- Carrizozo: Thursday, Oct. 18, 5 to 7 p.m., Lincoln County Commission Chambers, 300 Central Ave.
For more information about the proposed rule changes, A-PLUS, or the meetings, please contact Kevin Rodden, statewide deer and pronghorn manager, at the department’s Southwest Area Office in Las Cruces at (575) 532-2100. More information about the 2012-2013 antelope seasons can be found in the Big Game and Trapper Rules and Information booklet, available at license vendors, Department offices and online at www.wildlife.state.nm.us.
Logo courtesy New Mexico Department of Game and Fish