Colorado Parks and Wildlife is ending the public fish salvage at Jumbo (Julesburg) Reservoir beginning Oct. 22. Irrigation demands have decreased since the July salvage was requested and anglers should follow the normal regulations:
- Minimum size for walleye and saugeye is 15 inches (only 1 can exceed 21inches)
- Minimum size for wiper is 15 inches
- Minimum size for crappie is 10 inches
- Statewide bag and possession limits also apply
- Boat angling is closed for the duration of the fishing season.
“We are pleased that Jumbo did not suffer a complete fish kill during this drought,” said Tom Kroening, area wildlife manager for Brush. “We appreciate the compliance of the anglers and the support of the irrigation company to manage the fishery during this tough season.”
Logo courtesy Colorado Parks and Wildlife