The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Parks and Trails Division scheduled a series of meetings to provide information about the off-highway vehicle (OHV) grant-in-aid (GIA) program. These meetings are intended for groups with an active interest in all-terrain vehicles (ATV), off-road vehicles (ORV) such as sport utility vehicles and modified trucks, and off-highway motorcycles (OHM), but not snowmobiles.
Attending one of these meetings is recommended for groups currently receiving GIA funds and will be required in the future. The meetings also will be helpful to local units of government that sponsor GIA contracts and clubs that want to expand public OHV trails in Minnesota. DNR staff, including the Parks and Trails Division area supervisor and the OHV acquisition and development specialist, will explain the GIA application process, provide copies of the GIA manual and forms, and answer questions. Grant applications are due Dec. 15.
Meetings are scheduled at the following times and locations, with others to be added soon. Those who plan to attend should RSVP to help ensure adequate space and materials.
- Chatfield – Monday, Oct. 29, 7:30-9:30 p.m., 15305 30th Highway SE; RSVP to 507-206-2845.
- Fergus Falls – Monday, Oct. 29, 4-6 p.m., DNR building, 1509 First Ave. N.; RSVP to 218-739-7576, ext. 257.
- Blaine – Monday, Oct. 29, 7-9 p.m., Lodge Meeting Room, Gander Mountain, 10650 Baltimore St. NE; RSVP to 651-259-5874.
- Rutledge – Tuesday, Oct. 30, 6-8 p.m., Community Center, 7369 Highway 61; RSVP to 218-485-5410.
- Stockton – Tuesday, Oct. 30, 7-9 p.m., Stockton Community Center, 600 D St., Stockton; RSVP to 507-206-2845.
- Tower – Thursday, Nov. 1, 6-8 p.m., DNR area office, 650 Highway 169; RSVP to 218-753-2580, ext. 250.
- Hutchinson – Tuesday, Nov. 13, 7-9 p.m., DNR office, 20596 Highway 7; RSVP to 320-234-2550, ext. 225.
- Sauk Rapids – Tuesday, Nov. 13, 7-9 p.m., DNR building, 940 Industrial Drive; RSVP to 651-259-5874.
- Thief River Falls: – Tuesday, Nov. 13, 10-12 a.m., DNR office, 246 125th Ave. NE; RSVP to 218-681-0889.
- Brainerd – Wednesday, Nov. 14, 6-8 p.m., DNR building, 1601 Minnesota Drive; RSVP to 218-833-8710.
- Bemidji – Monday, Nov. 19, 10-12 a.m., Lake Bemidji State Park Visitor Center, 3401 State Park Road NE; RSVP to 218-308-2367.
- Grand Rapids – Monday, Nov. 19, 6-8 p.m., Itasca County Lands Office, 1177 La Prairie Ave. (held in conjunction with the Itasca County ATV Alliance meeting); RSVP to 218-999-7920.
- Windom – Tuesday, Dec. 4, 6-7 p.m., DNR Building, 175 County Road 26; RSVP to 507-831-2900, ext. 225.
Anyone with questions about the OHV GIA program or suggestions for topics to address at the upcoming meetings should contact Mary Straka, DNR Off-Highway Vehicle program coordinator, 218-833-8713 (Brainerd) or 651-259-5644 (St. Paul), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logo courtesy Minnesota Department of Natural Resources