USA Shooting Team Foundation Thanks Corporate Supporters for Generous Donations
The USA Shooting Team returned to American soil following the 2012 London Games with three Olympic gold medals and a bronze medal, the most gold medals won in Olympic Shooting competition since 1984. This milestone in the sport of shooting is due, in part, to the generosity of 18 special corporate supporters that, with in-kind donations, helped USA Shooting raise $105,000 through charity auctions on GunBroker.com
“Our teams can only be as good as the industry that helps mold them,” said Buddy DuVall, executive director of the USA Shooting Team Foundation. “Thankfully for us we have the loyal support of an industry that prides itself in giving back and helping us achieve greatness. The charity auctions overseen by GunBroker.com showcase the depth and interest throughout the industry in our team, and they deserve praise and recognition for their support of our efforts.”
The fundraising program hosted on GunBroker.com garnered a tremendous amount of awareness for the USA Shooting Team and partners, with total views generated for all auction items exceeding 226,000 unique views. Throwing its own support behind USA Shooting, GunBroker.com donated the hosting of the auctions free of charge and provided featured placement on its homepage for each of the auctions.
“USA Shooting is grateful for its ongoing partnership with GunBroker.com and their willingness to provide this fundraising and promotional opportunity,” added DuVall. “This program is a great example of the industry’s enthusiasm for the USA Shooting Team and willingness to support our U.S. team’s preparation for Olympic and Paralympic competition.”
“GunBroker.com has partnered with USA Shooting for some time, and it is always a privilege to help propel shooting sports by assisting the USA Shooting Team in achieving its goals, whether regionally, nationally or on the world stage,” said Steve Urvan, GunBroker.com founder and CEO.
USA Shooting wishes to thank and recognize the following companies whose contributions helped support the USA Shooting Team’s preparation leading up to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games:
- Chiappa Firearms
- Colt ‘s Manufacturing Company LLC
- Diamondback Firearms
- Freedom Group Family of Companies
- Advanced Armament Corp.
- Bushmaster Firearms
- Dakota Arms
- DPMS/Panther Arms
- Para USA
- Hornady Manufacturing
- Kimber America
- North American Arms
- Smith & Wesson
- Turnbull Mfg. Co.
- U.S. Fire-Arms Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Winchester Repeating Arms
From April through September 2012, USA Shooting sustained a continuous online fundraising campaign with the help of GunBroker.com. In all, 23 special Charity Auctions to benefit USA Shooting were hosted on GunBroker.com. Auctions included:
- Bushmaster M4A2 Patrolman’s Carbine
- Chiappa 1874 Creedmoor Sharps rifles
- Colt Custom Shop Officer’s Model 38
- Dakota Model 10 rifle
- Diamondback DB9 and DB380 pistols
- DPMS RFA-3G1 AR15 rifle
- Hornady Custom “Zombie” Lock-N-Load Ammo Plant
- 10,000th commemorative Kimber Team Match II
- Marlin Model 336 XLR Rifle
- North American Arms Limited edition Ranger “Breaktop” revolver
- Custom Para 1911 LDA 45ACP
- 870 Wingmaster pump action shotgun
- Remington Model 700 BDL 50th Anniversary rifle
- Remington 1100 Classic Trap shotgun
- Smith & Wesson Custom Shop engraved 1911pistol
- Turnbull Manufacturing Sharps rifle
- U.S. Fire-Arms Custom Single Action and Flattop Target revolvers
- Prize Package to Shoot with Kim Rhode at Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center, by Winchester
In addition, USA Shooting supporter Ruger continued a program that began in 2011, as they conducted their own GunBroker.com auction of unique rifles and pistols from their archives which generated over $50,000 in support for the team this year.
Logo courtesy Gunbroker.com