Hunters and landowners are invited to attend a public informational meeting to discuss deer issues, according to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission. Meetings are scheduled in each Game and Parks district.
Game and Parks biologists will explain and take questions on a number of topics, including deer management, deer damage and depredation permits, antlerless harvest, trophy management and diseases. Antelope and elk issues also may be discussed.
The meeting schedule is:
- Dec. 3 – McCook, Red Willow County Fairgrounds, 4-H building, 1400 W. 5th St., 7 p.m.
- Dec. 6 – Norfolk, Northeast Community College, Lifelong Learning Center, 801 E. Benjamin Ave., 7 p.m.
- Dec. 10 – Kearney, Yanney Heritage Park, Environmental Resource Center Bldg., 2020 W. 11th, 7 p.m.
- Dec. 11 – O’Neill, Cubby’s, 204 E. U.S. Hwy. 20, 7 p.m.
- Dec. 11 – Gretna, Ak-Sar-Ben Aquarium, 21502 W. Neb. Hwy. 31, 7 p.m.
- Dec. 13 – York, Kilgore Memorial Library, 520 Nebraska Ave., 6 p.m.
- Dec. 18 – Chadron, Chadron State College, Student Center, Scottsbluff Room, 1000 Main St., 7 p.m.
- Dec. 20 – Bridgeport, Prairie Winds Community Center, 428 N. Main St., 7 p.m
Image courtesy Nebraska Game and Parks Commission