The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries announced today that small game and waterfowl hunting on Maurepas Swamp Wildlife Management Area will be open Nov. 23-25, 2012.
Small game and waterfowl hunting is usually closed on the WMA during the three days after Thanksgiving each year for the first segment of the either-sex modern firearm deer season. However, the 2012-13 deer season on Maurepas Swamp WMA was revised due to Hurricane Isaac impacts, and all firearm deer hunting on the WMA will be bucks only.
The Maurepas Swamp WMA deer season, revised by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission on Oct. 4, is as follows:
- Archery Season – no change
- Youth, Bucks only: Nov. 3-4 (2 days)
- Bucks only, modern firearms, mandatory check: Nov. 23 (1 day)
- Bucks only, modern firearms: Nov. 24 – 25 (2 days)
- Bucks only, modern firearms: Dec. 22 – 28 (7 days)
- Bucks only, primitive: Jan. 14 – 20 (7 days)
For more information, contact Christian Winslow at 985-543-4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logo courtesy Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries