ODFW is seeking a Landowner Representative to serve on the Access and Habitat Program’s South Willamette Advisory Council.

Individuals living in the southern Willamette Valley and along the coast (Polk, southern Marion, Linn, Benton, Lincoln and Lane counties) with an interest and experience in hunting and/or wildlife conservation are encouraged to apply.

Applications are available online and due at the Corvallis ODFW office by Dec. 12, 2012. For more information or for application materials by mail, contact David Stroppel at 541-757-5237.

This is a volunteer position and duties include participation in up to four public meetings per year to review A and H project proposals and conduct other council business. Meetings may require some travel to various communities in the region. Applicants should be willing and able to work collaboratively with landowners, sportsmen’s groups, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife staff, and representatives of other government agencies to facilitate the A and H Program.

Created by the Oregon Legislature in 1993, the A and H Program is funded primarily by a $4 surcharge on hunting licenses. Funds raised by the program are distributed through grants awarded to individual and corporate landowners, conservation organizations, and others to cooperatively fund wildlife habitat improvement and hunter access projects in the state.

There are six regional A and H advisory councils within Oregon that serve as the initial review body for A and H grant proposals submitted within their region. The state A and H Board provides the next level of review, taking into account the advisory council’s recommendations. Approved projects are then forwarded to the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission for final review and funding approval. Each advisory council is composed of seven members, including three Landowner Representatives, three Hunter Representatives, and one public-at-large representative, who also serves as the council Chair.

For additional information on the A and H Program visit the program website or contact Matt Keenan at (503) 947-6087.

Image courtesy Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

What's Your Reaction?

Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *