The Louisiana Saltwater Series Redfish Series will commence its 2013 season at The Dock/Dockside Bait and Tackle in Slidell and will visit seven different marinas across Louisiana’s coast to create a true test of the best and the most exciting season yet. The coming year marks the fourth anniversary of the LASS redfish trail.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, tournament host, will be commemorating the milestone with new prizes and partnerships, including a weigh-in hosted by Marsh and Bayou Magazine at the Northshore Boat-N-Fishing Show.
“Every angler who participates is not only signing up for a day of competition and entertainment, but they’re making their mark in fisheries research,” explained LDWF Assistant Secretary Randy Pausina. “Our tournament is one of the only in existence that offers this unique opportunity to give back to the resource.”
Last year, 1,002 redfish were tagged and released, eclipsing the 2010 and 2011 combined total of 978 redfish tagged and released.
The 2013 LASS Redfish Series dates are as follows:
- March 2 Slidell, The Dock/Dockside Bait and Tackle;
- April 20 Lake Charles, Calcasieu Point Landing;
- May 4 Lafitte, SeaWay Marina;
- June 8 Port Fourchon, Port Fourchon Marina;
- June 29 Delacroix, Sweetwater Marina;
- August 10 Delta Marina, Empire; and
- Championship October 4 and 5 Venice, Venice Marina.
Image courtesy Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries