The 2013 Bass Pro Shops Big Cat Quest fishing tournament begins in a just a few weeks in Paducah, Kentucky, the first city on the tour. Every city on the list gives anglers who catch the most catfish between $5,000 and $25,000 in cash prizes guaranteed regardless of attendance. The cost to enter the contest is $100 per eligible angler.
All anglers with a valid fishing license are eligible. Those 18 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
The tournament is coming to:
- Paducah, Kentucky on Feb. 2
- Clarksville, Tennessee on March 2
- Richmond, Virginia on March 16
- A location TBA on April 6
- Memphis, Tennessee on April 20
- Iuka, Mississippi on May 4
- New Madrid, Missouri on May 18
- Havana, Illinois on June 8
- A location TBA on August 3
- Crystal City, Missouri on August 24
- and one more undetermined location on September 14.
Alongside the tournament, other related tournaments for cash prizes will take place.
- The National Catfish Derby, reportedly the oldest running tournament in America, runs June 1 to June 5,
- The Yantis Big Cat Quest Catfish Festival in Lake Fork, Texas, with $25,000 in cash prizes, is on June 22 and 23,
- The World Champion-ship of Catfishing is in Savannah, Tennessee on July 6,
- and the Big Cat Quest National Championship, with a $250 ticket to enter, takes places October 12 to 13 in a currently undetermined location.
Find more information go to bigcatquest.com.