This year, Crosman Corporation celebrates 90 years of creating quality, innovative products for generations of shooting sports enthusiasts. Long known for introducing advancements in technology for airguns, airsoft and optics products that add fun to shooting, Crosman has grown into one of the largest suppliers of products for shooting sports in the world.
Today, with 300 employees and an international sales network that reaches around the globe, the Crosman 90-year mission hasn’t changed. According to Crosman President and CEO, Phil Dolci, “Our founder was an avid outdoorsman and technically savvy for his time. He believed that good design grew out of knowing what people want. We still believe that the right product for the right consumer will be successful, and we have proven that for 90 years. We also know that being at the leading edge of technology is key. I’m proud of our record and look forward to the next 90 with equal confidence,” he said.
Over the years, Crosman has created many innovative products that answered the demands of the marketplace. Here are a few.
- 1923 Crosman Brothers Company produces airgun pellets
- 1924 First pneumatic pump airgun debuts, revolutionizing “power without powder”
- 1931 Crosman CO2 guns showcased at National Camp Perry Matches
- 1966 Model 760 Pumpmaster air rifle introduced, becoming the most enduring airgun model in history, with more than 16 million sold
- 1991 RepeatAir CO2 powered, semi-automatic pistol introduced
- 1995 Crosman designs and manufactures first US made break barrel air rifle
- 2008 Benjamin Discovery debuts as industry’s first affordable pre-charged pneumatic air rifle
- 2009 CenterPoint Division established providing feature-rich shooting optics
- 2010 Nitro Piston break barrel technology introduced, reducing shot noise by 70%
- 2011 Benjamin Rogue .357 unveiled as first Crosman large caliber hunting air rifle
- 2012 Crosman Undead Apocalypse Airsoft brand established to fan flames of zombie craze
- 2013 Crosman marks its first 90-years of shooting fun.
For additional information on Crosman Corporation, or on any Crosman, Benjamin, CenterPoint optics products, Crosman Archery, Game Face Airsoft or Undead Apocalypse Airsoft products, visit the company’s Web sites at www.crosman.com, www.centerpointoptics.com, www.gamefaceairsoft.com, www.crosman.com/airsoft/undead/
Logo courtesy Crosman