- Past champions (2006 – 2012) earn one additional spot per Championship title
- Teams earn one additional spot in the Championship for fishing each of the:
Collegiate anglers will launch daily at McFarland Park on the shores of Lake Pickwick, with weigh-ins to start daily at 2 pm. The collegiate team with the heaviest weight over the course of two competition days will be crowned National Champions at an awards ceremony immediately following the weigh-in on Friday. In addition to prizes, students are also competing for points in the coveted Cabela’ School of the Year race, which is the first college rankings program to recognize the top collegiate fishing teams in the country, taking into account their participation across all leagues.
Participants can plan on the following schedule of events:
- Monday, May 20, 2013 Official Practice begins
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013 Official Practice until 2 pm(Followed by Yamaha’s Angler Appreciation Night)
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Official Practice until 2 pm (Followed by Registration and Banquet)
- Thursday, May 23, 2013 Day 1 Competition
- Friday, May 24, 2013 Day 2 Competition
Chris Edmonston, President of the BoatUS Foundation, added, “Having been a partner in this event since the inception, we couldn’t be happier to see the continued growth and development of collegiate fishing. The BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship and collegiate bass fishing in general have been one of the most successful youth fishing initiatives in recent history and we’re honored to be a part of the progression.”
2013 BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship
Collegiate anglers can ensure they receive information as it is released by joining the ACA Mailing List, which broadcasts all announcements via email.
Image courtesy Cabela's Collegiate Bass Fishing Series