The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) has scheduled a series of open houses for the public to ask questions and receive information about Illinois’ deer herd this June.
IDNR Division of Wildlife Resources staff will be on hand at each meeting to discuss the deer management program, hunting regulations, and surveillance/management of chronic wasting disease.
The public is invited to attend the open houses from 4 – 7 p.m. at the following locations and dates:
- June 3 – Rockford Public Library (East Branch), 6685 East State St., Rockford, IL
- June 4 – Hickory Hills Discovery Center (Twinleaf West room), St. Charles Park District, 3795 Campton Hills Road, St. Charles, IL
- June 5 – Champaign County Farm Bureau Auditorium, 801 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, IL
- June 6 – John A. Logan College (TDR room), 700 Logan Drive, Carterville, IL
- June 11 – PASA Park, #1 Pasa Park, Barry, IL (off I-72 west of Pittsfield)
In addition to the open houses, the IDNR will post all materials presented at the meetings on the Department’s website and provide opportunities for hunters, landowners, and other members of the public to review them and provide comments.
More information and details will be available at the IDNR website at www.dnr.illinois.gov as it becomes available.
Logo courtesy Illinois Department of Natural Resources