The Spring issue of the Fish and Wildlife Planner is now available at http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/habitat/planning/fw_planner/
This newsletter covers issues relevant to fish and wildlife planning and specifically is intended for Washington’s land use planning professionals. The current issue focuses on planning for fish and wildlife in Puget Sound. In particular, we’ve highlighted:
- Some newly-developed guidance for Low Impact Development.
- The status of our agency’s Priority Habitats and Species data.
- Our new simplified Hydraulics Project Approval (HPA) permit application.
As always, the issue also includes:
- Details about upcoming workshops, conferences, and other learning opportunities.
- A list of approaching grant opportunities.
- A directory of agency contacts to answer your questions.
This newsletter helps us exchange information to assist planners who are making important land use decisions. We invite your comments and welcome your ideas for future articles. Please direct your comments, ideas, and questions to Jeff Azerrad at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Image courtesy Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife