The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife will discuss the commercial black and blue rockfish and nearshore fishery at three public meetings in Gold Beach, Port Orford and Pacific City in August.
Geared primarily to commercial fishers with black and blue rockfish and nearshore permits, the agenda for the meetings will include:
- Review of the 2013 season to date
- Process and options for setting 2014 regulations
- Pacific Fisheries Management Council update
- Potential reorganization for groundfish stock complexes
- Stock assessments for China, copper, and brown rockfish
- Potential for substantial changes for the fishery’s annual landing caps in 2015-16
- Input from industry and others interested in state management of the 2014 commercial nearshore fishery and 2015-16 federal management measures
Meeting dates and locations are listed below. All meetings will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 19 at the Gold Beach Resort, 29232 Ellensburg Ave., Gold Beach
- Tuesday, Aug. 20, Port Orford Library, 1421 Oregon Street (Hwy 101), Port Orford
- Thursday, Aug. 22, Kiawanda Community Center, 34600 Cape Kiwanda Drive, Pacific City
For additional information, please contact Greg Krutzikowsky at (541) 867-0300 x 248 or Brett Rodomsky at (541) 867-0300 x 291.
Image courtesy Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife