Ducks Unlimited announced the winners of the 2014 Wetland Conservation Achievement Awards yesterday during the 79th annual North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference, held in Denver.
DU’s 2014 Wetland Conservation Achievement Awards were presented in six categories and recognized individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and restoration of North America’s wetlands and waterfowl. DU Chief Conservation Officer Paul Schmidt and DU CEO Dale Hall presented the awards. This year’s winners are:
- Senior Federal Official: Representative Kristi Noem, US Representative from South Dakota
- Federal Agency: Kurt Forman, US Fish and Wildlife Service
- State/Provincial Agency: Dr. Ken Abraham, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- Research / Technical: Dr. Alan D. Afton, US Geological Survey
- Conservation / Private Citizen: Phil Precht, ConocoPhillips
- Communications: Paul Baicich
“These winners are a true testament to hard work and determination, and serve as perfect examples of people from various walks of life who have a shared passion for wetlands and waterfowl conservation,” Schmidt said. “DU is honored to recognize their work and hopes their achievements inspire others to follow suit.”
To read more about the individual winners, visit www.ducks.org/wetlandawards.
Logo courtesy Ducks Unlimited