Earlier this week I posted about the upcoming reveal of the Definitive Arms AKX-9. Today, AK Operators Union uploaded a seven-minute video showing off the new blowback 9x19mm in-depth, and announced its availability online. The gun is quite the sight to behold (note that Rob has installed a couple of aftermarket furniture accessories on his personal test gun).
The first run of AKX-9s are available now through Copper Custom and Atlantic Firearms. Several variants are listed on Copper Custom and Atlantic, including a fixed-stock model with wood furniture, a pistol variant, and a side-folder with a triangular skeletonized stock. Prices run from $1,499 to $1,779. All of the AKX-9 models use Colt-pattern 9x19mm magazines. The product description for the triangle side-folder (priced the highest at $1,779) is as follows:
- AKX-9 Features
- Dedicated AKX-9 mm Barrel 1:10 twist 11.125″ long
- Full auto tapered chamber
- 1/2×28 threads on Barrel for adding Suppressors and Flash hiders
- Will work with standard hand guards, standard stocks, and grips
- Side rail for optics mounting
- Black KG Gun Kote finish
- Bolt Hold Open on last shot
- Bolt release for Quick mag changes
- Drop Free mag well with metal mags
- 1 Year Factory Warranty
Currently, all major AKX-9 components are manufactured in the United States, including the barrel and receiver.
Another video on the AKX-9 by Military Arms Channel can be seen below.
Image from Copper Custom