Ruger is a major major firearms manufacturer, but up until now they have not produced any suppressors. That’s changed with the introduction of the Ruger Silent-SR.
According to Ruger the Silent-SR sound suppressor is rated for .22 LR full auto, .22 WMR, and .17 HMR pistols and rifles. It also features a standard 1/2”-28 thread pattern for compatibility with most threaded rimfire firearms. Don’t worry if you have a different thread pattern on your gun as there will likely be adapters available when the Silent-SR is released. Ruger also claims that the new suppressor offers a very impressive 40 dB sound reduction, making it one of the quietest .22 cans on the market.
There’s no word yet on when these will be available for consumers, but you can expect a $449 MSRP. You can view the sell sheet and full list of features below.
- Reduces sound pressure levels of .22 LR, .22 WMR and .17 HMR pistols and rifles by up to 40 dB.
- Rated for .22 LR full auto, .22 WMR and .17 HMR pistols and rifles. Features a standard 1/2″-28 thread pattern for compatibility with most threaded rimfire firearms.
- Patent-pending outer tube and muzzle mount are interlocked to prevent accidental disassembly when removing the suppressor from your firearm. Disassembly tool is included.
- Compact and lightweight for balance and portability.
- Easy to disassemble and clean, each piece snaps together to seal the baffles and keep the byproducts of combustion away from the tube and end caps.
- Utilizing a titanium tube, aluminum rear cap, and stainless steel threaded mount, baffles and front cap, Ruger has selected the best material for each part to maximize strength and minimize weight without sacrificing durability.
Images from Ruger