If you’re taking your dog for a stroll on the beach, don’t let it go too far out into the ocean because it could become lunch for a hungry shark patrolling the area.

In Sydney, Australia, the owners of an American Staffordshire terrier had to stand by and watch in horror as this exact thing happened right before their eyes.

The dog, Molly, was just doing dog things, retrieving a stick from the water off Bonna Point Reserve when it got suddenly pulled underwater.

Nigel, the dog’s owner, said there was nothing he or his wife could do.

“We were pretty traumatized, it was horrific,” he said. “We were just throwing the stick in the water. The tide was really far out and there was a bit of a drop-off.” “It was very quick. It just took her under the water.”

Nigel said he thought the shark was around 11 feet long, which is easily big enough to take down a human, let alone a dog. He and his wife alerted fellow beach goers and beach officials, who went to Kurnell to warn swimmers and pet owners to avoid the water.

Image courtesy wikimedia

What's Your Reaction?

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *