A birthday party for an 11-year-old turned deadly when the birthday boy himself was bitten by one of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world.

Jennifer Hyatt got a bit of a scare at her son’s birthday party when a friend informed her “your son was bit by a venomous snake.”

“Your mind goes blank,” she said. “Just in pure panic.”

According to WGHP, Cameron Robbins said he was “running from a friend who had a water balloon and. . . I guess a snake jumped up and got me.”

Cameron, who appears to be wise beyond his years, says he wants other kids to learn from his mistake and know what to do and what not to do in the event of a venomous snake bite.

“Something I shouldn’t have done I went straight to the bathroom and checked it,” Robbins said.

Instead, he admits he should have called for an adult right away.

“It was already starting to swell and he was in severe pain,” Hyatt said. In a time of panic and fear, it was very convenient to have a family friend who was a former EMT nearby to assist in slowing the venom.

Fortunately, a trip to the hospital would reveal Cameron was not in grave danger and did not need anti-venom. His biggest birthday present this year: a hard lesson learned, and a couple puncture wounds from a copperhead snake.

Image courtesy Flickr

What's Your Reaction?

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
1