Child Dies Suddenly From Possible Allergic Reaction After Smelling Fish Cooking

   01.04.19

An 11-year-old boy in New York died suddenly this week from a possible allergic reaction after smelling fish cooking.

Camron Jean-Pierre reportedly became ill at his home in Brooklyn on New Year’s Day while his family was cooking dinner. Camron, who has a known seafood allergy, was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center after falling unconscious, but doctors could not revive him.

According to ABC News, food allergens are proteins in certain foods that trigger a harmful response within the body. Most food allergens get into the body’s bloodstream when somebody eats or drinks them. But in some – less common – cases, like Camron’s, they can also get in through inhaling them as well.

A medical examiner will determine the boy’s official cause of death, and the investigation is ongoing.

 

Read More