[SHOT Show 2020] Smith & Wesson Offers Up a New Shield EZ
Terry Nelson 01.27.20
As you might expect, Smith & Wesson has come out with a variety of new handgun and sporting rifle offerings for 2020. Visiting with the folks at the S&W SHOT Show booth, it was amazing just how many new firearms and models they have developed for the new year – including a new and improved Shield EZ.
A quick overview of what’s new and exciting at Smith & Wesson as follows:
- M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm in Flat Dark Earth Finish
- M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm with threaded barrel
- M&P M2.0 Performance Center, at least 12 new offerings in various calibers and barrel lengths including their new C.O.R.E. series (Competition Optics Ready Equipment)
- Model 648 Revolver, 6-inch barrel, 8 round cylinder in 22WMR
- Performance Center Thompson/Center Rifle, Model PC T/C LRR in two different color options, Black and Flat Dark Earth. Both models are available in .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .243 Win and are topped with a Vortex Diamondback Riflescope.
- Performance Center Model PC T/C22 Stainless Steel Carbon Fiber Barrel in four different stock offerings, all in 22 LR
Perhaps the pistol garnering the most attention at the Smith & Wesson booth was the new 9mm Shield EZ. As most folks are aware, the EZ has been available in only .380, until very recently. The EZ pistol has become a favorite for those who are challenged in working a slide on the everyday semiauto pistol.
Key features of the new M&P 9 Shield EZ are:
- Easy to rack slide
- Easy to load magazine
- Crisp trigger with tactile reset
- Can disassemble without pulling trigger
- Textured grip
- Picatinny style rail for a light or laser
- Available with or without thumb safety
- Tactile loaded chamber indicator
- Barrel length of 3.68 inches, overall length of 6.8 inches
- Two easy load magazines
MSRP for the new 9mm Shield is $479. To see more about Smith & Wesson’s new line up for 2020, take a look at Smith & Wesson