New Berlin, Wis. November 21, 2011 – Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, is proud to announce the finalists for the 2011 Sportsman Choice Awards, the network’s viewer-decided awards program. The process began with Sportsman Channel producers narrowing the field to five finalists in seven categories, but the final say goes to channel viewers, who will have the opportunity to cast their votes beginning on November 28th. All shows and show hosts airing on the network in 2011 were eligible.
The categories are: Best Hunt Show, Best Shoot Show, Best Fish Show, Best Combination (hunting and fishing) Show, Full Draw Award (bowhunting), Best New Series and Best Show Host(s).
“Sportsman Channel offers the only viewer-decided awards in our space and with the best-in-class programs available, the process is one of the most extensive,” said Todd Hansen, Sportsman Channel COO. “We are incredibly proud of these finalists and look forward to seeing who the viewers decide should walk across the stage in January.”
Finalists are listed below:
- Best Hunt Show: BackCountry Quest, North American Whitetail, Pig Man: The Series, Territories Wild, Whitetail Properties
- Best Shoot Show: Guns & Ammo, Handguns, Personal Defense TV, Tac TV, Davidson’s Gallery of Guns
- Best Fish Show: Addictive Fishing, Flats Class, Fly Fishing the World, In-Fisherman, One More Cast with Shaw Grigsby
- Best Combo Show (hunting and fishing): Beau Knows Outdoors, Brotherhood Outdoors, Coming Home with Greg Stube, G3 Sportsman, Respect Outdoors
- Full Draw Award (bowhunting): Arrow Affliction, Bowhunter TV. Easton Bowhunting, Heartland Bowhunter, Muzzy Bad to the Bone Bowhunting
- Best New Series: A Hunter’s Life, Hallowed Ground, Major League Bowhunter, Nock On TV, The Amateurs
- Best Show Host(s): Brian “Pig Man” Quaca for Pig Man: The Series, Chris and Casey Keefer for BackCountry Quest, Fred Eichler for Easton Bowhunting, Haley and G.O. Heath for Family Traditions, Stan Potts and Gordon Whittington for North American Whitetail
Viewers will be able to vote on Sportsman’s Facebook page (http://facebook.com/sportsmanchannel) starting on Monday, November 28. Voting will close on Sunday, December 11 at midnight.
The 2011 Awards will be announced in January at the Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show in Las Vegas, NV.