LINCOLN, NE – Busy schedules around the holidays can make it easy to forget to purchase Nebraska Game and Parks Commission permits for the new year. Now is the time to buy 2012 annual hunting, fishing, fur harvest and park permits.

A Nebraska hunting permit is required for hunting upland game and waterfowl. A fur harvest permit is required for hunting, trapping or pursuing furbearers. A fishing permit is required for taking or attempting to take fish, bullfrogs, snapping turtles, tiger salamanders or mussels by any legal method. A park entry permit is required for every vehicle entering a state park, recreation area or historical park.

These permits are valid Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2012.

Age and residency restrictions apply to some permits. Stamps also may be required.

For more information on permits, including how to purchase them, visit

What's Your Reaction?

[reactions id="19569"]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *