Georgia Schools Take Aim at Archery Regional Tournaments
Over the next month, more than 50 archery teams and close to 1,000 students in grades 4-12 will compete at one of five 2012 National Archery in the Schools Program-GA Regional Tournaments.
The regional sites and tournament dates are:
- Jan. 28 – Regional 1, Loganville High School, Loganville, GA
- Jan. 30 – Regional 2, Peach County High School, Fort Valley, GA
- Feb. 4 – Regional 3, Lee County Elementary School, Leesburg, GA
- Feb. 11 – Regional 4, Woodlawn Elementary School, Chatsworth,GA
- Feb. 25 – Regional 5, Johnson County High School, Wrightsville,GA
The highest scoring archery teams in each division (elementary, middle and high school) will qualify for the 6th annual NASP-Georgia State Tournament, scheduled for March 21 in Perry at the Georgia Fairgrounds.
An additional 11 wildcard teams also will receive an invitation to the state tournament.
At the regional tournaments, archers shoot three rounds of five arrows each from 10 and 15 meters. Teams of 16-24 students from each school compete in three separate divisions: elementary (4th-6th grade), middle (7th-8th grade) and high (9th-12th grade).
Regional and state tournaments for NASP are sponsored by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division and the Georgia Wildlife Federation.
For more information on NASP and tournaments in Georgia, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/NASP .