Brownells is excited to offer veteran gunsmiths and students of the trade an incredible opportunity to learn technical skills and key business principles from some of the most knowledgeable, well-respected industry professionals at the 6th Annual Gunsmith Career Fair held in Des Moines, IA at the Downtown Marriot on April 27 & 28, 2012. The seminars, tailored to ensure the overall success of today’s gunsmith, are free of charge to attendees and exhibitors.
Specific seminar topics include:
- Correcting Built-In Revolver Kinks – Ron Powers
- Business Seminar – Tom Shay
- Shotgun Gunsmithing – Mike Tutolowski, Instructor, Colorado School of Trades
- Metalurgy – Glen Fewless, VP American Custom Gunmakers Guild
- Proper Stock Layout – Sharon Dressel
- Big Box Store Gunsmithing – Roy Christensen, Gander Mountain
- Bore Scopes, More Than Just a Tool – Ken Harrington, Hawkeye Bore Scopes
- Customer Service – Bart Miller, Bass Pro Shops
- Ballistics – Paul Dressel
John Krieger, President of Krieger Barrels, will deliver the keynote speech at the dinner reception on Friday evening. A full seminar schedule is available at www.gunsmithcareerfair.com. The BATFE will also be on hand to answer questions.
“I’m delighted we are able to bring in such talented people to talk about their work and passion for our industry with the upcoming generation of gunsmiths,” said Frank Brownell, Chairman of Brownells. “The chance to visit one-on-one with these top pros and industry icons is mighty rare and we’re enormously pleased to offer that opportunity to the working gunsmiths and gunsmithing students who attend.”
Registration time remains to attend or exhibit. Visit www.gunsmithcareerfair.com or call 641-623-5401 and ask for Jamie McCarthy or Sarah Perry. Attendees and exhibitors are urged to book hotel rooms and flights early.