The American Gunsmithing Institute introduces a new DVD on How-To Rebarrel & Blueprint Military Bolt Action Rifles, hosted by Professional Gunsmith Ken Brooks. The viewer will receive invaluable information on how to rebarrel and tune (i.e. blueprint) a Mauser Military Bolt Action Rifle. The techniques shown in this DVD are also applicable to most military bolt action rifles.
Viewers will learn:
- How to remove the old barrel, fit firing pin tips, and repair oversized firing pin holes for higher pressure calibers
- Squaring and truing the action
- Lapping the lugs
- Bolt stop modifications for a smoother action
- How to open up magazines for .30/06 length cartridges
- How to fit a pre-threaded (short chambered) barrel
- Installing shoulders to prevent bullet nose damage
- Converting from standard cartridges to Magnum
- Opening the bolt face and fitting the rails
- Discussion of action heat-treating
- Improving the safety of the action
This course is applicable to Mauser 91, 92, 93, 94, 96 & 98s, Enfield 1914/17, Springfield ’03s, Arisakas and more! The AGI How-To Rebarrel & Blueprint Military Bolt Action Rifles is available at www.americangunsmith.com for only $79.95 (Product ID# 328DVD).
If you want to start making money at the hobby you love, check out our basic AGI Professional Gunsmith course where, in 108 hours of your own time, you can become a certified gunsmith.