With winter fast approaching, so too does the urge to retreat to warm and cozy places and spaces. Enter Winvian, the AAA “ten” Diamond** property in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills, which is celebrating its fifth birthday this year. In honor of this year-long fete, Maggie Smith, Winvian’s proprietor, has created her top ten list of experiences and activities that guests may enjoy at the property when Old Man Winter comes to visit very soon. And here they are:
- Awaken in the two story Tree House Cottage decked out with a steam shower, Jacuzzi tub and wood burning fireplaces (and all the little things that make tree houses so much fun!).
- Tantalize your palate with a meal by award-winning Executive Chef Chris Eddy that truly rivals those found in the best New York City restaurants. Winvian is a dining destination!
- Experience a “walking” massage while a Winvian Spa therapist performs deep tissue Ashiatsu, which uses her foot pressure to ease out knots and tension.
- Take over the cockpit flight controls AND sip fine wine at the same time while staying in Helicopter Cottage – FAA approved only at Winvian!
- Perfect the art of progressive American cuisine with Mediterranean influences at the Cooking School at Winvian – perfect for couples as well as groups.
- Shower à deux in Stonehenge – yes, Connecticut Yankee Cottage (photo of cottage above) features a romantic, watery version!
- Putt a round of golf, complete with carpeted rough, in the midst of winter inside Golf Cottage.
- Snowshoe miles of untouched nature trails that border Winvian.
- Savor honey from Chef Eddy’s on-site apiaries.
- Count your lucky stars above – literally – as you drift to sleep in Camping Cottage.
Through the end of this year, guests may enjoy all of the above with “Maggie’s Special,” a mid-week package in honor of Maggie Smith and Winvian’s birthday, with nightly rates, including breakfast, starting at $549 per cottage. For additional information on Winvian, “Maggie’s Special” and to book reservations, please visit www.winvian.com or call 860-567-9600.
Image courtesy Widness and Wiggins PR/Winvian