Two of the fishing reels that helped launch the popularity and success of WaveSpin tangle-free spinning reels are being offered as a “tax time” closeout special.
“We are making way for new models to include higher end metal bodied reels,” said WaveSpin’s Russ Riley. “We also wanted to give anglers a break around tax season.”
The special for the DH 4000 and DH 5000 each priced at $29.95, is available only online at WaveSpinReel.com and is not available at Bass Pro, Cabela’s or other retail outlets.
Both reels have 8+1 stainless steel ball bearings, come with a two year warranty and are great for fish in the 10 – 50 lb range such as musky, pike, salmon and catfish. The DH 4000 was previously priced at $83.26; the DH 5000 was $91.75.
The DH 4000 uses space age technology to produce 45 lbs of smooth multi-disc drag (typically 15 – 20 lbs on other reels this size). This long casting reel uses 8–12 lb mono or 30–50 lb braid from 170–290 yds., and weighs 12 ozs. The DH5000 weighs 12.5 ozs. It uses 10–14 lb mono or 40–60 lb braid from 160-240 yds.
All WaveSpins have patented American design, dead stop infinite anti-reverse, llght-weight graphite body and rotor, a giant multi disc front drag system, oversized line roller, convertible right or left hand retrieve, and have guaranteed exclusive no tangle technology.
Quantities are limited on both models.
Distinctive reel with “wave” designed spool, drag, caught instant media attention
Engineered by “The Bass Professor” Doug Hannon, the WaveSpin patented design received instant awards and accolades;
- Outdoor Life Magazine: “the first significant improvement in salt- and freshwater spinning-reel design in more than 50 years. What sets the WaveSpin apart from its competitors is that it’s virtually impossible for the line to bird nest during a cast.”
- Field & Stream Magazine’s prestigious 2008 “BEST of the BEST” Award WaveSpin’s radical design came at a time when innovation in spinning is hard to find.”
- TackleTour.com’s Innovation Award.
- FLW Outdoors Magazine “Best of the Best in Value.”
- Used for years on its lakes as the “Official Reel of the Walt Disney World Fishing Excursions” giving its thousands of guests a fun, memorable experience.
Image courtesy Wavespin