Real American People, Places and Pastimes are at Center of Network’s Drive to Create the Ultimate Outdoor Lifestyle Network
Sportsman Channel continues to solidify its status as the ultimate lifestyle network for today’s American Sportsman by rolling out all-new lifestyle and character-driven series for its Q3 programming lineup beginning July 1. More than 18 new series are on tap addressing the vast passions and interests of sportsmen and sportswomen with shows covering news-talk, travel, food, adventure, survival and more. The season is being supported by the network’s award-winning “Made in America” campaign, the network’s largest campaign effort to date. Check out a sneak peek of what’s on tap for next week:
“Sportsman’s Q3 lineup is our strongest showing of outdoor lifestyle series that span the interests and passions of American sportsmen and women—headlined by the industry’s most compelling, authoritative, and entertaining personalities,” said Gavin Harvey, CEO of Sportsman Channel. “We believe that love of the Great Outdoors, the honorable traditions of hunting and fishing, and values like self-reliance and freedom define the American experience, and that is the core of our ‘Made in America’ campaign.”
The Q3 lineup features some of the industry’s top experts from battled-tested hunters to legendary anglers to environmental law enforcement, including the following brand-new original series and shows:
- Gun It with Benny Spies: The host of this brand-new series brings a lot of distinct traits to the proverbial ‘TV table’ and they begin with the perfect blend of persistence, perseverance, natural humor and a big personality—all in the “luxurious” comforts of a 1973 Winnebago. Sportsman Channel introduces Gun It with Benny Spies to the network’s diverse lineup of adventure lifestyle programming. Sharing his passions for the great outdoors and giving viewers an honest representation of how the majority of Americans truly hunt and fish is paramount for Spies’ mission. The outdoor journey takes viewers to South Dakota, Montana and Florida for the most honest hunting, fishing and cooking viewers can digest. Gun it with Benny Spies premiers Sunday, July 7 at 10:30 ET/PT.
- Meet the McMillans: Sportsman Channel debuts its newest original series starring the often-crazy and always entertaining cowboy Tom McMillan as he juggles family life and his high-profile clients in Meet the McMillans. From repairing rifles to roping cattle to training new guides who are greener than Gumby, Meet the McMillans is a hilarious and honest look into the world of one of the country’s most beloved outdoors outfitter families. Viewers get a front-row seat to follow along a typical deer season with Tom and his wife, Jacque, as they entertain, mediate, counsel, clean-up after and find their clients the biggest, baddest bucks on their 16,000-acre Kansas ranch. Tune in to this Sportsman Channel original series premiering on July 7 at 8:30 pm ET/PT.
- NRANEWS Cam & Co: The industry’s first news-talk program for the outdoors, NRANEWS Cam & Co continues live every weekday tackling the issues that are vital to America’s more than 80 million sportsmen and sportswomen. Hosted by Cam Edwards, an engaging radio personality, insightful interviewer, sportsman and shooting enthusiast, the show brings a completely unique perspective and intelligence that does not exist anywhere else on news-talk TV. The nation’s only news-talk series for today’s American sportsman, Cam & Co. airs LIVE weekdays from 5-6pm ET exclusively on Sportsman Channel.
- The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series: Exclusive to Sportsman comes a brand-new, custom-branded adventure series that takes viewers on an up-close-and-personal look at the wild, often dangerous, and always thrilling lives of the toughest and best guides, captains and outfitters in the hunting and fishing worlds. From the bluewater flats of the Florida Keys to the snow-capped mountains of Alaska, “The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series” provides a unique window into the world of professional guides, their gear and crew, and how they make their living under the wildest conditions. Debuting July 4 at 8:30 pm ET/PT, the new series features some of the world’s most renowned outdoor experts, including Captain Conway Bowman, Fred Eichler, Haley Heath and Huntley Ritter.
- E-Force: An outdoor law enforcement series exclusively on Sportsman, EForce follows the Fish and Wildlife Agents of the Florida Keys as they struggle to protect the environment and people of Florida’s most southern waters. Each week provides new challenges as they set about dealing with alligators, catching criminals, facing down a hurricane, searching for survivors of a sunken ship and even removing bodies from the sea floor after a fatal plane crash. By boat, plane, helicopter, and swamp buggy, these environmental watchdogs are there as daily adventures await. The new 13-episode series premieres on July 6 at 9 ET/PT, exclusively on Sportsman Channel.
- Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg: Randy Newberg’s new series takes viewers on a real-life authentic adventure that isn’t about the kill: It’s about the hunt, the experience and the story of hunting and conservation in America. Shot entirely on public land, and without guides, this series brings along a unique set of challenges that host Newberg sees only as rewards: “When there is challenge, comes reward. And the reward is showing viewers the real, authentic life of an American sportsman.” Catch Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg on July 4 at 8 pm ET/PT, exclusively on Sportsman.
- Trailing the Hunter’s Moon: This brand-new Sportsman Channel series follows the lifestyle adventures of Larry Weishuhn, acclaimed author, hunter and one of the world’s most recognized outdoor personalities. A native Texan, Weishuhn travels across the world taking viewers on a true travel and adventure series that has him hunting black bears in Manitoba and tackling full safaris across Africa’s vast and dangerous landscape. Trailing the Hunter’s Moon debuts Saturday, July 6 at 9:30 am.
- Bear Archery’s Whitetail Fix: Bear Archery’s new series Whitetail Fix features some of America’s most skilled and entertaining hunters and huntresses tracking the great American Whitetail. Each series features a new location, new game, new hunt and new special guest, including NBA star Brad Miller in episode one. Catch Whitetail Fix on July 7 at 6 pm ET, exclusively on Sportsman.
- Uncommon Ground: This truly unique, brand-new series features seasoned and skilled hunters traveling the American landscape on mountain bikes in search of wild life, adventure and the sportsman lifestyle. Viewers see a first-ever when men use mountain bikes to traverse, chase and hunt in some of America’s wildest and roughest areas. Catch Uncommon Ground on July 6 at 5 pm ET.
Other highlights include the return of MeatEater with Steven Rinella; Petersen’s Hunting with hosts Craig Boddington, Kevin Steele, and Mike Schoby; brand-new season of Pig Man: The Series with Brian “Pig Man” Quaca; Chris & Casey Keefer for their sixth season of Back Country Quest; and Chipper Jones along with Matt Duff and Jeff Danker in Major League Bowhunter. Sportsman is also giving considerable focus to today’s huntresses by becoming the home of the American Huntress. Shows with female hunters include Michele Eichler of Easton Bowhunting, Haley Heath from The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series; Angie Denny from Life at Table Mountain and Jodie Carter from Reel Shot TV.
The “Made in America” campaign highlights the network’s premier experts and hosts, as well as our nation’s vast outdoor opportunities for the more than 82 million American sportsmen and women. The campaign is a multimillion dollar, multimedia effort that will garner in excess of 200 million impressions. “Made in America” will leverage the combined resources of Sportsman Channel and InterMedia Outdoors, the largest media company in the outdoor-enthusiast category.
Image courtesy Sportsman Channel