Network Also Snags Top Nominations in Numerous Categories
Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, is pleased to announce their “United Sportsman of America” marketing campaign has earned two prestigious industry awards recognizing excellence in cable television. The network muscled its way to the podium against stiff competition from networks like NFL Network, TLC and others to receive a FAXIE from CableFAX’s CableFAXIES in the “Advertising Campaign for a Network” category and a Bronze award in the “Consumer or Trade Print Ad” category from PromaxBDA. The network also received five Honorable Mentions in the CableFAXIES for other campaigns in 2012.
“We have devoted extensive resources to every single facet of our business from the all-important programming to advertising – and clearly the results are showing,” said Gavin Harvey, CEO of Sportsman Channel. “It is tough competition in these award contests and I congratulate all networks who even receive nominations. Our team is equally as talented and competitive as other top nets and we look forward to continuing to deliver the best for our viewers, advertisers and affiliates.”
“It’s an honor for Sportsman Channel to be recognized for work that celebrates true American Outdoorsman,” said Michael Magnotta, SVP and Creative Director. “I’m extremely proud of my creative team who has proven we can stand out in this ultra-competitive television landscape.”
CableFAX’s CableFAXIES: One of the industry’s most coveted awards, Sportsman took home the FAXIE for “Advertising Campaign for a Network” with their “United Sportsmen of America” campaign and received Honorable mentions for five other awards across its programming, marketing, community relations and advertising programs during 2012. The network received Honorable Mentions in the following categories:
- Advertising Campaign for a Single Program: Sportsman Channel for Aporkalypse Now
- Programming Stunt: Sportsman Channel for Attack of the Bass!
- Community Relations/Corporate Social Responsibility: Sportsman Channel for Hunt.Fish.Feed.
- Marketing of a New Series or Show – Small Network: Sportsman Channel for NRANews Cam & Co.
- Integrated Marketing Campaign: Sportsman Channel for United Sportsmen of America
PromaxBDA: The PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing and Design Award competitions stand for excellence in media marketing and speaks to every part of the business from promotion and design to branding and interactive. Sportsman won in the “Consumer or Trade Print Ad – Channel” category for their “United Sportsman of America” campaign and was nominated in the following categories:
- Art Direction & Design; Interstitial/Short Form Campaign: Zombie Busters
- Art Direction & Design; Consumer or Trade Print Ad – Channel: United Sportsmen of America
Logo courtesy Sportsman Channel