High Lifter Products has continued to solidify their place as a leader in after-market axles with new applications being released for their Outlaw Dual Heat Treat (DHT) Axles. The company released new applications for Yamaha Grizzly models and the Can-Am Maverick 1000, continuing to fill the need for an OEM replacement/upgrade axle for ATVs/UTVs outfitted with standard lift kits. As part of High Lifter’s Outlaw-branded products, riders can expect the Outlaw DHT Axles to be heavy duty, tough, reliable, and backed by an unparalleled one-year warranty that can’t be beat.
Setting these axles apart from other after-market competitors are the exclusive product features that include
- Dual heat treated high strength alloy steel CVJ housings, to improve toughness, strength and wear resistance.
- Heat treated alloy steel bar.
- Bar lengths are custom-tuned to allow the maximum lift for each model ATV and UTV.
- High angle design up to 36 degrees, without binding.
- Axle components filled with Mobil extreme performance synthetic CVJ grease, for long life over a wide range of temperatures.
- Puncture-resistant TPEE boots, which are durable in high and low temperature climates.
- Double wrapped, high strength, high tension, stainless steel 3/8” wide boot clamps.
- One year full warranty.
Before being released to the public, High Lifter’s research and development team performs a precise validation method on each axle. Now, for the first time, High Lifter is sharing this confidential procedure. Engineering Manager, Brian Smith, answers the ever-popular question, “What angle can the axles handle?”:
Part of the confirmation process for new axles is to install the axle with no grease or boot on the inner joint. Then, we remove the spring from the shock and verify the axle with the shock fully compressed to ensure it does not bottom out. We also check the axle with our lift and the shock fully extended. If all of these criteria are met, then the axle should not pull out in normal operation.
Smith says he hopes this information helps customer understand the “why, what, and how” of High Lifter’s research and development process. “There is an exact science behind what we do and why we are confident that our bar lengths are designed correctly,” Smith says. “If customers better understand our specific design criteria and the lengths to which we go to verify they are the best, then the customers will have peace of mind when hitting the trails with the Outlaw DHT Axles.”
The Outlaw DHT Axle is currently available for Polaris Ranger, RZR, Sportsman models; Can-Am Commander, Maverick, Outlander, Renegade models; Kawasaki Brute Force models; and Yamaha Grizzly models. Additional applications for new models including the Polaris RZR 1000 XP and Honda Pioneer will be coming soon.
Image courtesy High Lifter Products