Plinker Arms, makers of American-made firearms magazines, accessories and components, announce a new line of .22LR complete upper conversion units adaptable to standard AR-15 lower receivers. A standard AR-15 can be easily and quickly converted into a fully functional .22LR rifle with no modifications, no jams, no failures to feed, just reliable shooting at a fraction of the operating cost. The three new units include an M-4 Upper Conversion, a SBR Upper Conversion and a Bull Barrel Upper Conversion.
Each Plinker Arms upper conversion unit includes a 25-round magazine (all state laws apply) and a load-assist tool. The Plinker Arms .22LR Upper Conversion Unit includes the following features:
- Completely compatible with any MIL-SPEC AR-15 lower receiver
- Compatible with most AR-15 upgrades
- Dependable, trouble-free operation
- Dedicated forged 7075 T6 alloy upper receiver
- Anodized, aluminum Picatinny –style rail system
- Plinker Arms patent-pending magazine, featuring a bolt hold-open on the last round
- 1×16 twist, free-floated barrel with integrated feed ramp
- Military-style Parkerized finish
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The M-4 Upper Conversion unit fits the standard length M-4 with a 16 1/4“ barrel and a standard threaded AR flash suppressor. MSRP is $499.99.
The Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) Upper Conversion features a revised bolt and gas operation system with a 12 ½” barrel and standard threaded flash suppressor. MSRP is $499.99.
The Bull Barrel Rifle Upper Conversion is hand-built and accuracy tested in the Plinker Arms Custom Shop. It features a 16 ¼” match grade, stainless steel barrel with custom match grade crown and a barrel taper. MSRP is $519.99. Custom barrels are also available upon request (additional expense).
Image courtesy Plinker Tactical