The OWAA Excellence in Craft contests recognize and honor the best work of outdoor communicators.
The “receive by” deadline is fast approaching. Entries for the 2014 Excellence in Craft Book Contest are due to OWAA headquarters by Monday, Dec. 2, 2013.
Why enter the contest? What’s in it for you? Well, bragging rights for one! Plus cash prizes. And recognition of your achievements at OWAA’s 2014 annual conference.
Book/e-book contest details:
A book/e-book consists of a work exceeding 49 pages on any outdoor subject. A book can be entered in only one of the following categories:
- General audience — Must be a factual and informative book about an outdoor recreation or conservation topic.
- Youth audience — Must be a factual and informative book about an outdoor recreation or conservation topic and written for a youth audience.
Entries must include three copies of the book to be judged, a $10 entry fee, and an entry form for each title entered in the contest. 2014 membership dues must be paid prior to submitting your entries.
Not yet a member of Outdoor Writers Assocation of America? Contact membership coordinator Jessica Pollett at firstname.lastname@example.org to join OWAA so that you can enter the 2014 EIC contests.
Book/e-book entries may be submitted hard-bound or paperback; e-books shall be submitted as PDF files on CDs.
- Entries must have been published between Dec. 1, 2011 and Nov. 30, 2013.
- Submit via postal mail: Three CDs or three copies of each hard-bound/paperback book. Entries will be donated to judges.
- If your entry is a second edition, at least 20 percent of the book must be revised or contain new material.
- Copies of entries will not be returned.
Deadline for this contest is Dec. 2, 2013. No exceptions.
Logo courtesy Outdoor Writers Association of America