Local conservation groups to benefit from Bass Pro Shops Stick Marsh Outpost opening in Palm Bay.
What: Special Evening for Conservation and ribbon-cutting ceremony at Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Palm Bay, Fla.
Who: Officials scheduled to attend include Bass Pro Shops Founder Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops Director of Conservation Martin Mac Donald, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Executive Director Nick Wiley, Bass Pro Shops Store Manager James King
Where: Bass Pro Shops Outpost, 750 Bass Pro Drive NE
When: Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013
Time: Ribbon cutting ceremony will be 6-6:30 p.m.
An all-star cast that reads like a ‘who’s who’ in the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joins together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation, Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 6 p.m. at the new Palm Bay Bass Pro Shops Stick Marsh Outpost. The event will kick off the store’s grand opening celebration that will continue through Sunday, Dec. 8.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs Dec. 4 include:
• NASCAR® Driver of the #1 Chevrolet SS and member of Bass Pro Shops sportsman’s racing team, Jamie McMurray
• 9-time Bassmaster® Angler of the Year, Roland Martin
• Host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing” TV show, George Poveromo
• Former Miami Dolphin and Bass Pro Shops/NITRO pro team member, Kendall Newson
• World renowned artist, scientist and conservationist, Guy Harvey
• Cast member of National Geographic Channel’s “Wicked Tuna,” Paul Hebert
• NBC Sports “Bass 2 Billfish” host and 3-time World Sailfish Champion, Peter Miller
• RedHead Pro Hunting team member, John Paul Morris
• Retired professional bull rider, Luke Snyder
• 2014 Miss Florida USA, Brittany Oldehoff
Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” will serve as emcee for the event. In addition, there will be a very special surprise guest introduced that kids won’t want to miss.
Musical entertainment for the evening will be provided by the bluegrass band Penny Creek; Patrick Air Force Base will do a color guard presentation. Palm Bay High School will be represented at the event by their cheerleaders and Manny the Manatee from the Brevard County Manatees will make a special appearance. Local resident Janna Ivey will sing the God Bless America.
Located at 750 Bass Pro Drive NE in Palm Bay, the 80,000-square-foot store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, Dec. 4 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the Wildlife Foundation of Florida in support of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Their initiatives and programs include conserving state fish and wildlife resources; teaching kids outdoor skills; getting kids involved in the outdoors; and programs such as TrophyCatch.
Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, National Rifle Association, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. They will have booths and displays set up to create awareness about their ongoing efforts and local projects. In addition, National Wild Turkey Federation will be selling Coca-Cola® products and hot dogs for $1 each.
Special displays throughout the event include:
• Bass Pro Shops #14 Sprint® Cup Series car and the Bass Pro Shops #3 Camping World Truck Series™ truck Dec. 4-8
• Two air boats provided by Capt. Mike Tippin Dec. 4-8
• Toyota interactive exhibit Dec. 7-8 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 64th store’s grand opening Thursday, Dec. 5 through Sunday, Dec. 8. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
• Thursday, Dec. 5 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
• Friday, Dec. 6 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops commemorative, limited edition fishing lure.
• Saturday, Dec. 7 – First 200 customers will receive a commemorative Palm Bay Bass Pro Shops’ bag
• Sunday, Dec. 8 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops’ commemorative limited edition fishing lure.
Visitors can also register to win a $50, $100 or a $200 gift card to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 82 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays two and a half hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles. The company also has been named by J.D. Powers & Associates as one of the top eight retailers in America for customer service excellence.
For more information about the Palm Bay Bass Pro Shops Stick Marsh Outpost, visit http://www.basspro.com/palmbay.
Logo courtesy Bass Pro Shops