Great Ideas for Crafting Custom Fishing Rods in 2014 Calendar
Mud Hole Rod Building Supply displays winners’ photos of worldwide contest
Anglers from countries on four continents including the Ukraine, Serbia, New South Wales, Brazil and across the U.S, were among the winners of an international photo contest showing off custom fishing rods they crafted.
The photography is displayed in Mud Hole Custom Tackle’s 2014 calendar, printed in vivid color on glossy paper, pre-punched and ready for hanging.
“It was a wild success,” said Mud Hole’s Scott Gimbert. “We had hundreds of great photo submissions and kept whittling it down to 13 for the cover and 12 months. The winners, who won $100 in Mud Hole gift certificates, came from all walks of life and areas of the globe.”
The winning photos were judged on a combination of artistic value, originality, photography, technical difficulty and aesthetic preference.
Gimbert revealed the winners’ names and judges’ comments:
- Adam Bricker, Ft. Wayne, Ind., USA — “Great eye for details”
- Victor Josephs, Port St. Lucie, Fla., USA — “Great beach scene”
- Austin McWhorter, Amarillo, Texas, USA — “Oorah Semper Fi”
- Alfavitskyi Vitalii, Kiev, Ukraine — “Awesome cork handles”
- Justin Kim, Victoria, British Columbia — “All natural”
- Donald Morse, Lapeer, Mich., USA — “Way to capture the outdoors”
- Andrew Stone, Houston, Texas, USA — “Rods with purpose”
- Ted Zack, Portsmouth, RI, USA — “These colors don’t run”
- Rick Miller, Phillipsburg, N.J., USA — “Beautiful handle design”
- Vladimir Muskatelo, Belgrade, Serbia — “Enduring the weather”
- Vitor Poini, Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil — “Great thread work”
- Marco Silvia, Boca Raton, Fla., USA — “Incredible detail”
- Mark Fisher, Broken Hill, New South Wales — “Beautiful feather inlays”
“This is the only calendar created by rod builders for rod builders,” Gimbert said. “It’s not only loaded with great ideas from our talented friends in the expanding custom rod building community, but it has monthly money-saving coupons, important rod building class dates and more. We began the contest earlier this year in partnership with FishingPhotos.net, to see who could submit the best custom-built fishing rod photos.
“This was our fourth year and we’re planning to do it again for 2015.”
The 2014 calendar is offered on Mud Hole’s website at www.mudhole.com where visitors can also order a free 262 page catalog.