Winners Crowned at SHOT Show in Las Vegas on January 15, 2014
Tens of Thousands Voted Online in Network’s Viewer-Decided Awards Program
Sportsman Channel is pleased to announce the finalists in the 2013 Sportsman Choice Awards presented by ZEISS, the network’s viewer-decided awards program. Winners will be crowned at the Sportsman Choice Awards party, held annually in Las Vegas during the S.H.O.T. (Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade) Show in January. The process began in November with viewers voting in 10 categories for their favorite shows, moments, bloopers, production and hosts. All shows and show hosts airing on the network in 2013 were eligible.
Tens of thousands of viewers voted daily online at Sportsman’s Facebook page. The network also gave away prize packages from presenting sponsor ZEISS Optics to Sportsman Choice voters, plus daily prize giveaways of Sportsman branded t-shirts, hats and more.
The 2013 Sportsman Choice Award categories are: Best Hunting Show – Big Game; Best Hunting Show – Small Game; Best Shooting Show; Best Fishing Show; Best Full Draw Show (bowhunting); Best Educational/Instructional Show; Best New Series and Best Show Host(s). Viewers also voted on the Moment of the Year clip award. This “moment” or sequence celebrates and honors the one moment that most exemplifies what is truly cherished about the outdoor lifestyle. Also new this year is the category of “Best Blooper,” which has been a fan requested category for numerous years.
The network is also introducing finalists in production quality categories: Best Commercial, Best Overall Production and Best Show Open.
Finalists are listed below for each category in alphabetical order:
- Best Educational/Instructional Show: Brotherhood Outdoors, Major League Bowhunter, MeatEater, Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke and Whitetail Properties
- Best Fishing Show: Alaska’s Fishing Paradise, G3 Sportsman, In-Fisherman, Louisiana Outdoor Adventures and One More Cast with Shaw Grigsby
- Best Full Draw Show (bowhunting): Bowhunter TV, Easton Bowhunting TV, Major League Bowhunter, Outback Outdoors and Relentless Pursuit
- Best Host: Bill Winke of Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke, Brian “Pig Man” Quaca of Pig Man: The Series, Jana Waller of Skull Bound TV, Steven Rinella of MeatEater and Tim Wells of Relentless Pursuit
- Best Hunting Show – Big Game: Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke, MeatEater, Pigman: The Series, Skull Bound TV and The Western Hunter
- Best Hunting Show – Small Game: Dead Dog Walkin’, Drake’s Migration Nation, Predator Nation, Predator Quest and Predator Pursuit with Jeff Thomason.
- Best New Series: Bear Archery’s Whitetail Fix, Gun It with Benny Spies, Meet the McMillans, NRANEWS Cam & Co. and The Western Hunter
- Best Shooting Show: 3 Gun Nation, Guns and Ammo, Hot Shots, NRANEWS Cam & Co. and World of Beretta
- Blooper of the Year: Country Boys Outdoors, Dropped: Project Yukon, Full Draw Adventures, Top Outdoor Producer and Trained Assassins
- Moment of the Year: Adrenaline Junkies, Dominator 365, Gun It with Benny Spies, Into High Country and Relentless Pursuit
- Best Commercial: Cabela’s – It’s in Your Nature; Dick’s Sporting Goods – America the Beautiful; Hunting Maps GPS; Purina and Zippo
- Best Overall Production: Back Country Quest, MeatEater, Meet the McMillans, Pig Man: The Series and TacTV
- Best Show Open: Dropped: Project Yukon, Gun It with Benny Spies, Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg and Maximum Archery Big Five Tour and Tac TV
The 2013 Awards will be announced on January 15 at the Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show in Las Vegas, NV.
Logo courtesy Sportsman Channel