Meopta, a global leader of military optical sighting systems and sports optics, continues to add to its tactical offerings with the MeoSight III. This newest parallax-free reflex sight is smaller than its predecessor, the M-RAD Micro, and extremely versatile. The high-quality optics and wide sight picture for a unit this size allows for extremely fast close-quarter target acquisition with both eyes open and accurate shooting on the move.
The MeoSight III features an integrated MIL-STD 1913 quick release mount making it an ideal sight for AR platforms, shotguns and handguns. The illumination is activated by pushing the control button located on the front of the sight and the brightness level of the red dot is easily adjustable to 8 different intensity levels using either the manual mode or automatic mode. For manual mode, press the button quickly while the unit is off (for less than .05 sec) and then select the preferred brightness level by pushing the same button quickly to increase or decrease brightness. For automatic mode, long press the control button while the unit is off to steadily select the preferred brightness level and then release. To turn the unit off, press the button and hold. The MeoSight III is available with either a 3 MOA or 5 MOA dot.
Powered by two CR 2032 batteries for up to 1000 hours of run time, the MeoSight III also features a battery compartment on the right side of the sight that slides out for easy access. The unit also has a low battery indicator dot that signals when the battery is running low.
Meopta engineers designed the MeoSight III to significantly increase shooter accuracy and speed in a variety of situations such as 3-gun competition, personal defense and L/E applications, and its miniature profile also makes it ideal for mounting to a primary riflescope for situations that require rapid change from distant to close quarter shots.
- Lens: A well-protected glass lens provides a virtually parallax-free sight picture for eyes-wide-open target acquisition.
- Coatings: Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBrightTM coating delivers incredibly bright and sharp images across the field of view. MeoDropTM hydrophobic coating repels moisture and contaminants. MeoShieldTM coating protects lens surface from abrasions and scratches.
- Illumination: Option of 3 MOA or 5 MOA dot sizes. Eight brightness settings allow shooters to instantly adjust aiming point intensity to match ambient lighting conditions. Powered by two CR 2032 batteries for up to 1000 hours of run time. Auto off function and intelligent energy monitoring preserves battery life by automatically turning the illumination off after three hours of continuous operation if the function button has not been touched.
- Adjustment: 60 MOA range of windage and 60 MOA range of elevation allows the shooter to easily dial in target adjustments and makes zero simple to change and maintain.
- Construction: Rugged body is machined from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum alloy and is built to withstand extreme battlefield conditions and is fully waterproof and shock proof. Matte black anodized surface is non-reflective and highly durable. Compact size of only L 1.8 x W 1.02 x H 1.1 inches and weighs 1.29 oz.
- Mount: A locking, lever activated integrated quick release mount fits a standard MIL STD 1913 Picatinny rail system.
- Warranty: Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
Image courtesy Meopta