Billy Skinner of Lake Havasu City, Ariz., weighed five bass totaling 17 pounds, 15 ounces Saturday to win the Rayovac FLW Series Western Division event presented by Mercury on Lake Havasu with a three-day total of 15 bass weighing 59 pounds, 5 ounces. For his victory, Skinner earned $40,000.
The top 10 pros on Lake Havasu were:
- 1st: Billy Skinner, Lake Havasu City, Ariz., 15 bass, 59-5, $40,000
- 2nd: Jason Borofka, Salinas, Calif., 13 bass, 47-5, $15,500
- 3rd: John Fuqua, Oxnard, Calif., 15 bass, 46-8, $12,000
- 4th: Shaun Bailey, Lake Havasu city, Ariz., 14 bass, 46-5, $10,000
- 5th: Ed Arledge, Valley Center, Calif., 12 bass, 42-15, $9,000
- 6th: Kevin Hugo, Chino, Calif., 12 bass, 38-9, $8,000
- 7th: Gary Pinholster, Lake Havasu, Ariz., 11 bass, 38-4, $7,000
- 8th: Jimmy Reese, Witter Springs, Calif., 12 bass, 37-10, $6,000
- 9th: David Kromm, Kennewick, Wash., nine bass, 30-11, $5,000
- 10th: Chad Martin, Nocolaus, Calif., 10 bass, 30-7, $4,000
Complete results can be found at FLWOutdoors.com.
Patrick Whitaker caught the biggest bass of the tournament in the pro division Friday – a 7-pound, 15-ounce bass – that earned him the day’s Rayovac FLW Series Big Bass award of $300.
Todd Kline of San Clemente, Calif., won the co-angler division and a Ranger Z117C with an Evinrude or Mercury outboard motor with a three-day total of 13 bass weighing 41 pounds, 4 ounces.
The top 10 co-anglers on Lake Havasu were:
- 1st: Todd Kline, San Clemente, Calif., 13 bass, 41-4, Ranger Z117C with an Evinrude or Mercury outboard motor
- 2nd: Blaine Christiansen, San Jose, Calif., eight bass, 31-4, $5,000
- 3rd: Gary Haraguchi, Redding, Calif., nine bass, 25-5, $4,000
- 4th: Daniel Leue, Colusa, Calif., eight bass, 25-1, $3,500
- 5th: Aaron Agner, Anderson, Calif., seven bass, 21-4, $3,000
- 6th: Roy Desmangles, Lincoln, Calif., eight bass, 20-10, $2,500
- 7th: Michael Schoffner, Roseburg, Ore., seven bass, 19-3, $2,000
- 8th: Debbie Carnahan, Flagstaff, Ariz., eight bass, 18-9, $1,750
- 9th: Lonnie Foster, Kneeland, Calif., six bass, 18-8, $1,500
- 10th: Roger Haas, Morro Bay, Calif.,seven bass, 17-1, $1,250
Blaine Christiansen caught the biggest bass of the tournament in the co-angler division Friday – a 5-pound, 10-ounce bass – that earned him the day’s Rayovac FLW Series Big Bass award of $200.
The Rayovac FLW Series consists of five divisions – Central, Northern, Southeast, Texas and Western. Each division consists of three tournaments and competitors will be vying for valuable points in each division that could earn them the Strike King Angler of the Year title, which allows them to fish the 2015 Forrest Wood Cup.
This was the first Rayovac FLW Series Western Division event of the 2014 season. The next Rayovac FLW Series Western Division tournament will be April 15-17, at the California Delta in Bethel Island, Calif., and is hosted by Hook, Line & Sinker.
For complete details and updated information visit FLWOutdoors.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow FLW on Facebook at Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.
Image courtesy FLW Outdoors