The new upland game, turkey and furbearer seasons and rules books will be available in mid-February.
The spring turkey controlled hunt application period runs February 1 through March 1. Hunters can find the 2014 spring turkey controlled hunt information at Fish and Game offices, license vendors and online at: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/rules/?getPage=67.
The new rules brochures include changes that affect some turkey hunts including:
- Clarification that corporate timber lands are not considered private lands for the purposes of fall turkey general hunt (late season only) in Units 8, 8A, 10A, 11, 11A, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 18, which runs November 21 – December 31 and is open on private land only.
- Splitting the controlled youth-only spring turkey hunt in Unit 38 into two separate hunts and increasing the number of permits by 40.
- Reducing the number of permits for each of the controlled spring turkey hunts in Unit 54; and eliminating the Unit 54 controlled fall turkey hunt.
- Increasing permit numbers for each of the controlled spring turkey hunts in Unit 71.
- Increased the number of permits for each of the controlled fall turkey hunts in Unit 71.
Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting and fishing license vendor, Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5; or online at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov. The application fee is $6.25 per person for residents and $14.75 for nonresidents. An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications.
Hunters must have a valid 2014 Idaho hunting license to apply.
Logo courtesy Idaho Department of Fish and Game