Offshore anglers looking to win a fight should arm themselves with the new Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Rod and Reel Combo. This rod and reel combo has been battle tested by charter boat captains and found to be one of the toughest, smoothest saltwater reels around. And this high-quality reel is available at a good price.
Anglers using the Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Reel can expect a smooth performance thanks to the eight stainless steel ball bearings that are double shielded to keep gunk out.
Another great feature of the Frigate Spinning Reel is the rigid all- aluminum body and side cover, which provides strength and stability so gears stay in line for smoother retrieves. The carbon fiber reinforced rotor is also designed to be super strong to resist torque under a heavy load. Plus, the aluminum spool comes pre-equipped with a braid band to make it easier to tie on braided line.
A specially formulated lubrication called Ocean Silk keeps gears meshing smoothly and promotes a consistently smooth drag. The Teflon and carbon drag system is double sealed to keep out water and debris so you won’t have to tell the story about the one that got away. In addition, a lower gear ratio provides the power you need to land the big fish.
Salt water fishing gear can take a beating from the elements, however, the Frigate Spinning Reel is built to withstand it. The double anodizing process safeguards the aluminum spool from rust while the Ocean Silk Lubrication protects the gear and drag system from corrosion. Plus, the stainless steel main shaft adds durability. With proper maintenance, you’ll be fishing with the Frigate spinning reel for a long time.
The Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Rod is the perfect match for the reel. The carbon fiberglass composite provides the right amount of backbone without sacrificing sensitivity. Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts help reduce line friction as well as corrosion while the EVA foam handles are slip-resistant.
Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Rod and Reel Combo available at http://www.basspro.com/Offshore-Angler-Frigate-Spinning-Rod-and-Reel-Combos/product/1307210641153/
MSRP: $89.99 to $99.99
Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Reel
Rigid aluminum body and side cover
• Resists torque and keeps gear train in alignment under heavy loads
• Designed to shed water – no low spots that hold water
Carbon Composite Rotor (sizes 4000, 5000, 6000, and 7000)
• Lightweight and extremely strong (weight of magnesium with the strength of aluminum)
Aluminum Rotor (size 8000)
• Super strong design resists torque under heavy load
Specially Formulated Lubrication –Ocean Silk (Made in USA)
• Provides superior drag performance and protects against salt water corrosion
• Promotes smooth gear mesh and reduces noise
Stainless Steel Double Shielded Ball Bearings
• Strategically positioned to optimize reel performance
• Double shielded to prevent foreign material from degrading bearing operation
• Drag system consist of Teflon and carbon material washers – capable of 30+lb of drag force
• Double sealed to keep water and debris out
• Each model is equipped with a powerful 4.9:1 gear ratio to assist anglers in reeling in heavy loads
• Chemically treated zinc alloy resists corrosion and promotes smooth gear mesh
Stainless Steel Main Shaft
• 5.5 mm stainless steel main shaft provides great strength and salt water corrosion protection
Offshore Angler Frigate Spinning Rod
• Carbon composite blanks – provides the right amount of backbone without sacrificing sensitivity
• Stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts to help reduce line friction
• Comfortable EVA foam handles
• Stainless steel cushion hoods
Image courtesy Bass Pro Shops