Nearly every tactical-style flashlight on today’s market is made to a single specification, leaving users with a predetermined light color, lumen count, and purpose. ExtremeBeam’s XT8 series of flashlights have changed the game and allow users to transform an individual flashlight into a versatile tool with a number of different combinations for use in nearly any situation.
XT8 Flashlights are available in a single-mode 210-lumen ProRanger model and a multi-mode 200-lumen Strobe model. Unlike other big-name tactical flashlights, the standard bulbs are interchangeable with a number of bulbs available from ExtremeBeam, including 500 lumen, red, green, ultraviolet, and infrared bulb options. Each interchangeable bulb features ExtremeBeam’s SuperFusion™ technology that delivers a long cast hot spot with a consistent soft flood and is manufactured to the same hard-use specifications of all ExtremeBeam lights. They are put through a one hour burn test and their textured reflecting cone is slow machined from solid bar stock aluminum to ensure unmatched light projection and efficient use of lumen output. The dense aluminum cones also work to effectively dissipate heat – leaving the light cool to the touch even after hours of continuous use.
The adaptability of the XT8 doesn’t stop with its line of interchangeable bulbs. Another feature of the XT8 is the first-of-its-kind 90-degree Metal Molle modular attachment. The Metal Molle quickly turns XT8 model flashlights into a 90-degree tactical light that can be clipped to a molle system, pocket or belt. It is also perfect for those with wrist dexterity problems, as it allows them to perform tactical maneuvers not possible with straight-bodied flashlights.
Also available for the XT8 series is ExtremeBeam’s revolutionary Silent Remote Switches available with an 11” straight wire or 23” pigtail wire. These remote switches feature a full on/off button switch and completely silent momentary pinch switch.
Both the XT8 ProRanger and Strobe models are available with a law-enforcement-style raised momentary switch or military-style shoulder protected momentary switch. They are slow-machined from solid bar stock aluminum to ensure a greater attention to detail, which includes a micro-textured grip and square cut threads. Like all flashlights from ExtremeBeam, XT8 tactical flashlights are fitted with the company’s proprietary Anti-Recoil® System that protects them from forces up to .50 BMG, making them completely weapons mountable.
The MSRP for the single-mode XT8 ProRanger is $69.95 and the $79.95 for the XT8 Strobe. Both include a limited lifetime warranty that even covers destruction.
Optional Equipment Available:
- 11” Straight Wire Gun Switch (MSRP $34.95)
- 23” Pigtail Wire Remote Switch (MSRP $34.95)
- Metal Molle Adapter (MSRP $29.95)
- XT8 Single Mode Bulb (MSRP $25.95)
- XT8 5-Mode Bulb (MSRP $29.95)
- Infrared Bulb (MSRP $29.95)
- Ultraviolet Bulb (MSRP $34.95)
- Single-Mode Green Bulb (MSRP $29.95)
- 5-Mode Green Bulb (MSRP $34.95)
- Single-Mode Red Bulb (MSRP $29.95)
- 5-Mode Red Bulb (MSRP $34.95)
- Single-Mode XP-G 350-Lumen Bulb (MSRP $29.95)
- 5-Mode XPG 350-Lumen Bulb (MSRP $34.95)
- XM-L 500-Lumen Bulb (MSRP $39.95)
- Double sealed-Waterproof-Hard Coated-Anti-Recoil® up to .50Cal BMG
- Weight (with battery): 159.4 grams (5.62 ounces)
- Total Length: 137mm (5.4 inches)
- Head Bezel Width: 33.53mm (1.32 inches)
- Main Body Width: 25.04mm (.998 inches)
- Light Volume XT8 ProRanger: 210 lumens
- Light Volume XT8 Strobe: 200 lumens (high)
70 lumens (medium), 16 lumens (low) 152 lumens (S.O.S & Strobe)
- Light Projection: 260 meters (825 feet)
- Average Run Time: 7 hours (high), 12 hours (medium) 20 hours (low) 8 hours (S.O.S.), 10 hours (strobe)
- Waterproof: 10 meters (32 feet)
- Battery Type: Two 3.0-3.6 volt CR 123 batteries or one 3.6 volt 18650 battery
- Modes: Momentary On-Of
Images courtesy ExtremeBeam