Outdoor Channel reaches nearly 40 million U.S. households, taking audiences along on heart-pounding adventures and suspenseful journeys across America and the globe. Building on its full-year 2013 and first quarter 2014 ratings dominance, the independent cable network posted significant year-over year viewership gains during the second quarter (Q2) 2014 ratings period (3/31/14 – 6/29/14). In fact, Outdoor Channel ratings were up year-over-year for each of the first six months of 2014.
According to data from Nielsen Media:
- Outdoor Channel showed a 22% primetime viewership increase over Q2 2013.
- Total day viewership increased 11% year-over-year.
- The network also saw an 11% uptick in viewership during fringe airings.
According to Q2 2014 data from Rentrak TV Essentials:
- Outdoor Channel’s Q2 2014 ratings results showed a 20% primetime viewership increase over Q2 2013.
- The network saw a 17% increase in viewership during total day airings
- Fringe viewership increased 14% year-over-year.
The Q2 numbers were a testament to Outdoor Channel’s spring programming lineup that welcomed “NRA Gun Gurus presented by Henry” to the network’s roster of 73 TV shows, featuring such esteemed outdoor talent and renowned celebrities as Tom Brokaw, Huey Lewis, Jared Jeffries, Jim Shockey, Michael Waddell, Lee and Tiffany Lakosky, Ted Nugent, Mark Zona, Tommy Sanders, Mark and Terry Drury, and Mike Pawlawski, among others. The programming schedule was further strengthened by Outdoor Channel’s industry partnerships, high-profile talent collaborations, and presence at events, as exemplified by the 2014 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, the Spring Fever partnership with GoRVing, and the anticipation of “Limitless with Theresa Vail.”
Outdoor Channel’s summer programming lineup is currently underway and the network anticipates sustained ratings increases in the third quarter (Q3), especially with the introduction of several new shows, including “Jim Shockey’s UNCHARTED” and “Drury’s THIRTEEN.”
Image courtesy Outdoor Channel