SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of the world’s finest illumination tools and tactical products, has released its latest rechargeable flashlight designed to meet the demanding needs of law enforcement patrolling our streets. The compact P1R Peacekeeper is an everyday duty light with two useful output levels: 600 blinding lumens on high, and 15 lumens of extended-runtime on low output for close-up tasks. Its compact, knurled body also makes the P1R ideal for use with a handgun. There is also a single-output Peacekeeper Tactical.
Both Peacekeeper models are powered by a readily available 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable battery that’s easily charged using either an AC wall charger or a DC vehicle charger, both included with the light. It can also be powered by two disposable 123A lithium batteries, if necessary, when there isn’t the time or opportunity to charge between uses.
“Working in the law enforcement field, you soon realize nothing is for certain, perhaps with the exception of day and night occurring,” said Jason Davis, an active-duty patrol officer in Southern California. “While working within an environment with diminished or no light, you quickly learn about introducing light into your world. The Peacekeeper is the flashlight that I rely upon whenever there is a need to flood an area with intense light. From lighting up a room or yard or into a vehicle or on a person, the Peacekeeper’s 600-lumen beam is enough to control your scenario.”
Weighing in at just over 6 ounces and measuring just over 5 inches in length, the palm-sized P1R packs a lot of punch without being a burden to carry. Its Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body is durable and lightweight and fits in many standard flashlight holsters. O-ring and gasket seals keep out dust and moisture, while a coated, tempered window maximizes light transmission and protects the reflector and LED. Built for law enforcement, the rugged, dual-output Peacekeeper delivers exceptional performance for both tactical and non-tactical applications.
There are two models. The P1R Peacekeeper features a dual-output click-type tailcap switch. The first press or click provides 600 lumens of maximum output to meet most unforeseen emergencies; return to off and press or click a second time, within two seconds, to produce a 15-lumen low-output beam for close-up work with extended runtime. The single-output Peacekeeper Tactical operates by pressing down on the tailcap switch for momentary-on activation, or rotating the tailcap clockwise for constant-on activation. Both versions have an MSRP of $250 and come standard with an 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, AC charger, and DC car charger. They are available for purchase through authorized SureFire dealers or by calling SureFire at 800-828-8809 or going online at www.surefire.com
Features & Benefits
- Virtually indestructible high-output LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Reflector shapes far-reaching beam with intense center and significant surround light for peripheral vision
- Dual-output tailcap click switch on Peacekeeper (press or click for max output press or click again within two seconds for low output); tactical tailcap switch on Peacekeeper Tactical (press for momentary activation, twist for constant-on)
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and maximizes light output
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Constructed of high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec hard anodizing for extreme durability
- Includes energy-dense 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, AC charger, and DC car charger
- Backed by SureFire’s No-Hassle Promise
Image courtesy SureFire